Eve Rookies Incursions
Welcome to Eve Rookies Incursions! If you have landed here, you’re probably interested in doing incursions with us! This is an excellent place to start because this is where you will find out what we do, how we do them and the rules of our group. If you have any questions, you can always join our public discord to ask!
If you have run Vanguard Incursions with other groups and know the gist, check over the Eve Rookies Pre-Flight checklist.
Please join our public in game channel as well! It’s Eve Rookies Incursions!
What Incursion Sites is ER Running?
Eve Rookies run HighSec Vanguards. If you aren’t sure what we are talking about, please read this before continuing.
- Nation Commander Outpost (NCO)
- Nation Mining Colony (NMC)
- Override Transfer Array (OTA)
Who Can Fly With ER?
Any player who is looking for an entry into this high end PVE content. If you’re only concerned with isk and getting the most possible, this group isn’t for you. However, if you fall into any of the following, you’re a perfect fit!
- players around 30-90 days old who can fly our basic Praxis (shield fit – armor fit)
- alpha players who would like to try incursions but can’t fly with other groups
- long time players who have always wanted to try incursions but haven’t
- players looking for a little bit of isk and a good time
- players who want a low key, fun group to do a group activity with
Our fleets ARE open to the public, however, be aware that there can be a waiting list. When possible, we will try to run 2 fleets concurrently.
When are the Eve Rookies Incursions Run?
Our current fleet days are:
- Tuesday after downtime (armor) and 18:00 Eve (shield)
- Friday after downtime (armor) and 18:00 Eve (shield)
- Sunday after downtime (armor) and 18:00 Eve (shield)
Please keep an eye on our Discord Incursion Ping channel for the downtime fleets. We will try to run them at 11:30 Eve, however, right now we’re often having to wait until about 12 or 12:30 to get enough people. This will become more efficient as the time slot becomes established.
What Positions are in Fleet?
Both the armor and shield fleet have the following roles:
- FC: this is the Fleet Commander, who is in charge of the fleet. The FC’s word is final.
- Booster: the person in the booster ship who can apply sebo’s and backup rep. Usually the FC.
- Drone Bunny: drone bunny, or DDD, will have all the assisted drones and send them off to kill things.
- Tagger: the person responsible for tagging the rats. They will often be the one calling targets as well. This can be the FC or someone else in the fleet.
- Logi: the 2 ships responsible for keeping ships from blowing up.
- Blaster: the blasters, or qcq, is the “short range” ships that will web and kill things up close.
- Sniper: or long range, will be responsible for killing certain rats that never get close or are too dangerous close.
- Scout: pilot responsible for finding the next empty site. This can be a new player under 90 days old or an alt. If it’s a new player under 90 days old, please tip them!
We typically fly with:
- 1 boost
- 2 logi
- 4 blaster
- 4 sniper
The fleet can have up to 13 people, with 10 minimum so the snipers and blasters may change depending on what ships show up and what the skill of the pilots are in the ship.
What are Your Ship Doctrines?
We have 2 separate doctrines, one for shield and one for armor. The shield fits are faster and easier for a new player to skill into than armor, so if you are low skilled you will want to train the shield ships first. Once you can reasonably fly them, you can start training armor so you can go with the armor fleet if they’re running.
ARMOR DOCTRINE (TBA)
Please note that the Praxis, Vindi, and Nightmares do have “swing” fits so that if you can fly both types the ships only need to have a few modules replaced to be acceptable for the fleet type.
Who are Your FCs?
- Kshal Aideron – EUTZ w/occasional AU
- Lord of Reclamation – AU + EUTZ w/occasional USTZ
- Sasha Panther – EUTZ
- Oliadar Shakiel – EUTZ
How Do You Participate in the Incursion Fleet
- Be part of the Eve Rookie Discord so you can see notifications of upcoming fleets. (they will also be posted on Eve Online Events)
- Make sure you DO NOT have a war dec on you or kill right.
- Check what part of HighSec incursions will be in, either in the public in game channel ‘Eve Rookies Incursions’ (will be in the MOTD) or in The Agency window in game under ‘Encounters’. We will have what system to have your ship(s) docked in.
- When the FC running the incursion asks for X’s in fleet, X with the type of ship you are bringing or in the case of needing a hand out, which ship you can fly.
- When you get into fleet, make sure to do the following things:
- Make sure your safety is set to GREEN – learn how here
- Make sure your TAG column shows in your overview as certain ships kill things tagged a certain way
- Audio alerts are set to ON in your settings
- Set your shield alarm to 95% – Watch video here
- Make sure in your fleet broadcast settings you have the following broadcasts checked: need capacitor, target, warp to, align to, need shield
- Drone settings are PASSIVE and FOCUS FIRE
- You are in the incursion fleet comms on the Eve Rookies Discord
- If you’re bringing your own ship, you’ve shown your fitting to the FC for approval
From the X’s the FC will fill the roles on a first come, first serve basis. If the role you would like to play fills up, you will either need to fly a different role or will have to wait until a spot frees up.
- when you X for fleet and you are accepted, you will either have your ship in the holding system or use a loaner ship so we can get started on time
- when you X for fleet, you are committing to 60 minutes of uninterrupted fleet time. After 60 minutes we will break so people can switch out, use the restroom, get drinks, etc
- if your alliance has a war dec, you will have to use an alt that doesn’t have the war dec, or wait for it to clear.
- if you have a kill right, you will need to get rid of it first before you can fly.
What if I Don’t Have/Can Afford My Own Ship?
Don’t worry, we have handouts. However, due to the cost of the ships, you WILL have to pay the pilot doing ship handouts a deposit that you will receive back when you hand the ship back in.
Praxis: 250 million isk
Basi: 250 million isk
Unfortunately, if you want to fly boost you will have to bring your own ship as our boost ships are not available for hand outs.
Do You SRP?
Yes, we SRP if you buy into it (not obligatory).
15m buys you up to 6b worth of SRP after insurance.
What instances are SRP’d?
- FC mistakes
- Logi mistakes
- Gankers as long as the fleet followed FC commands
User error, not using an approved ship fit, not listening to FC direction, not docking while being AFK are some instances that do not qualify for SRP.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a section where we’re adding some FAQs about our incursion fleet.
How much isk can I make during your incursion fleet? 60-100m an hour. The more new players and alphas we have in the fleet, the less efficient it will run and that’s OK.
Why do I have to pay a deposit for a loaner ship? As you know (or at least heard), incursion ships aren’t cheap. While our loaner ships aren’t billions of isk in cost, because we do welcome the public we want to make sure that we can buy a new ship if someone decides to run off with a ship.
Is there ever a point I can stop paying deposits? Yes. If you become a trusted regular and friend of Eve Rookies, there will be a point where you’re no longer to pay the deposit.
How “new” of a new player can come get into a ship?
Is my personal ship safe in incursions? Just like anything in Eve, if you don’t want to lose it, don’t undock it. While incursions in HighSec are 100% PVE, things happen. We DO allow new players to come along and mistakes can (and have) happened. Incursions are extremely repetitive and people start zoning out (which is why we run for 60 minutes then take a break). And of course gankers are a thing. We do everything we can to reduce the risk of loss, but it’s never going to be 100%.
Do I have to join your corporation to participate? No! Our incursions are open to the public! Of course, if you’re looking for a new player corp that can help you with your goals, Eve Rookies is accepting members. ;-D
Your group is supposed to be “chill”. Why the rules in the participation part of this document? Lets put this into perspective. For the price of our “cheap newbro/alpha friendly praxis” I can go and lose 9 enyos or 26 thrashers in PVP. For the price of a Nightmare, I can lose about 30 enyos or 88 thrashers and for the price of Dread’s maurader I can lose 120 enyos or 352 thrashers. This is NOT a cheap hobby.
So in order to protect people’s personal ships and our investment in handout ships, there’s still rules. Some are to protect the ship and some are to make sure that we can actually run and make the isk people are expecting (do YOU really want to fly out 30 jumps and only get to fly for 10 minutes? No? Ok, then we have some rules!)