(Last update on 10 April 2022) Welcome to Eve Rookies Incursions! If you have landed here, you’re probably interested in doing incursions with us! This is an excellent place to start because this is where you will find out what we do, how we do them and the rules of our group. If you have any questions, you can always join our public discord to ask!
If you have run Vanguard Incursions with other groups and know the gist, check over the Eve Rookies Pre-Flight checklist.
Please join our public in game channel as well! It’s Eve Rookies Incursions!
- 1 What Incursion Site Does ER Run?
- 2 Who Can Fly With ER?
- 3 When are the Eve Rookies Incursions Run?
- 4 What are the Fleet Roles?
- 5 What are the Ship Doctrines?
- 6 Who are Your FCs?
- 7 What are the Eve Rookies Incursions Rules?
- 8 How Do You Participate in the Incursion Fleet
- 9 What if I Don’t Have/Can Afford My Own Ship?
- 10 Do You SRP?
- 11 Frequently Asked Questions
What Incursion Site Does ER Run?
Eve Rookies runs HighSec Vanguards. If you aren’t sure what we are talking about, please read this before continuing.
- Nation Commander Outpost (NCO)
- Nation Mining Colony (NMC)
- Override Transfer Array (OTA)
Who Can Fly With ER?
Anyone. It doesn’t matter who you are or how long you’ve played Eve, all is welcome. The only things we ask is:
- Don’t be an ass
- Be able to fly a doctrine ship
- Don’t have a kill right on you
- Don’t be in a corp that is currently at war
When are the Eve Rookies Incursions Run?
Our current fleet days are:
- Tuesday 18:00 Eve summer hours / 19:00 Eve winter hours
- Friday 18:00 Eve summer hours / 19:00 Eve winter hours
- Sunday 18:00 Eve summer hours / 19:00 Eve winter hours
We usually start taking X’s in our in game channel (Eve Rookies Incursions) at 17:50 summer hours and 18:50 winter.
Please keep an eye on the incursion fleet ping channel for impromptu fleets outside of the 3 standard days!
What are the Fleet Roles?
The fleet has the following roles:
- FC: this is the Fleet Commander, who is in charge of the fleet. The FC’s word is final.
- Booster: the person in the booster ship who can apply sebo’s and backup rep. Usually the FC.
- Drone Bunny: drone bunny, or DDD, will have all the assisted drones and send them off to kill things.
- Tagger: the person responsible for tagging the rats. They will often be the one calling targets as well. This can be the FC or someone else in the fleet.
- Logi: the 2 ships responsible for keeping ships from blowing up.
- Blaster: the blasters, or qcq, is the “short range” ships that will web and kill things up close.
- Sniper: or long range, will be responsible for killing certain rats that never get close or are too dangerous close.
- Scout: pilot responsible for finding the next empty site. This can be a new player under 90 days old or an alt. If it’s a new player under 90 days old, please tip them!
We typically fly with:
- 1 boost
- 2 logi
- 4 blaster
- 4 sniper
The fleet can have up to 13 people, with 10 minimum so the snipers and blasters may change depending on what ships show up and what the skill of the pilots are in the ship.
What are the Ship Doctrines?
Eve Rookies Incursions is a shield fit Vanguard Fleet. Please note that our Vindi and Nightmare fits use the same rigs as Warp to Me (WTM) so that the ship can fly with either group with only a few module changes.
There are no exceptions to the above doctrine, please come in the listed ships.
Who are Your FCs?
- Kshal Aideron – EUTZ w/occasional AU
- Lord of Reclamation – random pings
- Sasha Panther – EUTZ
- Rukia Sheragi – EUTZ
- Daria – EUTZ
What are the Eve Rookies Incursions Rules?
- Be part of the Eve Rookie Discord so you can see notifications of upcoming fleets. (they will also be posted on Eve Online Events)
- Make sure your discord name is the same as the character in game.
- Make sure you DO NOT have a war dec on you or a kill right.
- Check what part of HighSec incursions will be in, either in the public in game channel ‘Eve Rookies Incursions’ (will be in the MOTD) or in The Agency window in game under ‘Encounters’. We will have what system to have your ship(s) docked in.
- When the FC running the incursion asks for X’s in fleet, X with the type of ship you are bringing or in the case of needing a hand out, which ship you can fly. Please only X if you’re within 5j of the staging area.
- When you get into fleet, make sure to do the following things:
- Make sure your safety is set to GREEN – learn how here
- Make sure your TAG column shows in your overview as certain ships kill things tagged a certain way
- Audio alerts are set to ON in your settings
- Set your shield alarm to 95% – Watch video here
- Make sure in your fleet broadcast settings you have the following broadcasts checked: need capacitor, target, warp to, align to, need shield
- Drone settings are PASSIVE and FOCUS FIRE
- You are in the incursion fleet comms on the Eve Rookies Discord
- If you’re bringing your own ship, you’ve shown your fitting to the FC for approval
How Do You Participate in the Incursion Fleet
From the X’s the FC will fill the roles on a first come, first serve basis. If the role you would like to play fills up, you will either need to fly a different role or will have to wait until a spot frees up.
- when you X for fleet and you are accepted, you will either have your ship in the holding system or use a loaner ship so we can get started on time
- when you X for fleet, you are committing to 60 minutes of uninterrupted fleet time. After 60 minutes we will break so people can switch out, use the restroom, get drinks, etc
- if your alliance has a war dec, you will have to use an alt that doesn’t have the war dec, or wait for it to clear.
- if you have a kill right, you will need to get rid of it first before you can fly.
What if I Don’t Have/Can Afford My Own Ship?
Don’t worry, we have handouts. However, due to the cost of the ships, you WILL have to pay the pilot doing ship handouts a deposit that you will receive back when you hand the ship back in.
Praxis: 250 million isk
Basi: 250 million isk
Unfortunately, if you want to fly boost you will have to bring your own ship as our boost ships are not available for hand outs.
Do You SRP?
Yes, we SRP if you buy into it (not obligatory).
15m buys you up to 6b worth of SRP after we pick up whatever drops and insurance.
What instances are SRP’d?
- FC mistakes
- Logi mistakes
- Gankers as long as the fleet followed FC commands
User error, not using an approved ship fit, not listening to FC direction, not docking while being AFK are some instances that do not qualify for SRP.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a section where we’re adding some FAQs about our incursion fleet.
How much isk can I make during your incursion fleet? 60-100m an hour. The more new players and alphas we have in the fleet, the less efficient it will run and that’s OK.
Why do I have to pay a deposit for a loaner ship? As you know (or at least heard), incursion ships aren’t cheap. While our loaner ships aren’t billions of isk in cost, because we do welcome the public we want to make sure that we can buy a new ship if someone decides to run off with a ship.
Is there ever a point I can stop paying deposits? Yes. If you become a trusted regular and friend of Eve Rookies, there will be a point where you’re no longer to pay the deposit.
How “new” of a new player can come get into a ship?
Is my personal ship safe in incursions? Just like anything in Eve, if you don’t want to lose it, don’t undock it. While incursions in HighSec are 100% PVE, things happen. We DO allow new players to come along and mistakes can (and have) happened. Incursions are extremely repetitive and people start zoning out (which is why we run for 60 minutes then take a break). And of course gankers are a thing. We do everything we can to reduce the risk of loss, but it’s never going to be 100%.
Do I have to join your corporation to participate? No! Our incursions are open to the public! Of course, if you’re looking for a new player corp that can help you with your goals, Eve Rookies is accepting members. ;-D
Your group is supposed to be “chill”. Why the rules in the participation part of this document? Lets put this into perspective. For the price of our “cheap newbro/alpha friendly praxis” I can go and lose 9 enyos or 26 thrashers in PVP. For the price of a Nightmare, I can lose about 30 enyos or 88 thrashers and for the price of Dread’s maurader I can lose 120 enyos or 352 thrashers. This is NOT a cheap hobby.
So in order to protect people’s personal ships and our investment in handout ships, there’s still rules. Some are to protect the ship and some are to make sure that we can actually run and make the isk people are expecting (do YOU really want to fly out 30 jumps and only get to fly for 10 minutes? No? Ok, then we have some rules!)