Last Updated on 2022-11-10 by Kshal Aideron
NOTICE – THIS ARTICLE IS OUT OF DATE AS OF 10 NOVEMBER 2022
Did you know when you start a new Eve Online account you can get 1 million skill points? It’s true! Just find someone’s friend link (google for it, ask one of the friendly Eve Online streamers at Twitch, or use the one linked below) to sign up to Eve Online with!
Did you know that if your account is less than 30 days old, CCP will apply those skill points to your account as long as you put a ticket into their system with the link, the account username associated with it and a character name on the account?
Why do you want to bother? Skilling up in the game is pretty slow, especially if you decide to stick with an Alpha account. So the 1 million skill points is an equivalent of a few weeks worth of training.
Situation 1: You just made an account and aren’t very far into the game
If you’re somewhere between just starting the tutorial and not finishing the career missions, then the best time saving method would start another account. CCP not only allows multiple accounts, but you can actually sign up to the new account using the EXACT SAME EMAIL ADDRESS as your first account!
You of course don’t have to use this link, use ANYONE’s link to benefit! This is several weeks worth of skill points so don’t throw it away!
Situation 2: You’ve been playing on your account for less than 30 days
If you’ve been playing on your account for less than 30 days, you can ask CCP to please apply the 1 million skill points by following these steps:
- Obtain someone’s friend link (like the one above)
- Get the person’s account username (what they use to log into www.eveonline.com with)
- Get a character name off that person’s account
- Go to https://support.eveonline.com/ and log in with YOUR account
- Click on the “submit a request” button or click here https://support.eveonline.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
- Choose “game play support” from the menu
- Now select category “game play”
- Pick the character you want your skill points to go to (if you have more than 1 on the account)
- In subject put “1 Million Skill Points”
- In the description add the link, username and character name along with “could you please retroactively apply the 1 million skill points to my account?”
I’ve been told it might take a few days for CCP to answer the ticket and apply the skill points to your account, but as long as the account is under 30 days, I haven’t heard of CCP saying no.
IF you want to use my friend link to apply the skill points, please send an in game mail to Kalianna Aideron and I’ll be happy to pass on the information!